As cars become more advanced and connected, in-vehicle information and entertainment services are becoming mandatory features.
ACCESS is set to supply its advanced IVI software to a British sports and luxury car manufacturer after being selected by JVC KENWOOD. The in-vehicle device provides high-resolution audio and Internet browsing capabilities as well as car navigation functionality.
NetFront Browser NX is a WebKit-based browser that features ultra-low levels of memory usage while achieving ultra-fast rendering, enabled by ACCESS’ technology that improves memory usage efficiency. The company says this ensures powerful rendering on a variety of devices and operation systems.
The browser supports cutting edge web technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, WebP, WebSocket and HTTP Cache. In addition to Internet browsing and YouTube streaming, the latest in web technology was used to design the user interface of the navigation system to display sophisticated animation while keeping development costs down.
Key features of the NetFront Browser NX include:
● Platform agnostic
● Unique technology that ensures both efficient memory usage and system stability
● World leading enhanced HTML5 support
● Flexible customisation of the user interface
● Supported operating systems: Linux (Qt/Embedded, GTK+, etc.) and others
● Compatibility: IVI, Game consoles, TVs, set-top-boxes, smartphones, tablets, multifunction printers and others
As cars and connectivity throughout them become more advanced, we’re left asking the question, what comes next?
Show Comments (0)