New features in the Enhanced Range include Pelco’s integrated analytics suite and ONVIF profile G compliance at a competitively reduced price. This news builds on Pelco’s existing IP driven camera solutions that are designed for any lighting condition, application, and environment, and reinforces the company’s commitment to being IP driven and customer focused.
‘Last year we completely revamped our fixed IP camera offering with more than 100 different camera models, making the Sarix product launches among the most ambitious and innovative launches in Pelco’s history,’ said Herve Fages, senior vice president of the Pelco Video Line of Business. ‘We’re adding impressive new features to the Sarix Enhanced Range to meet the needs of our customers, by delivering superior functionalities that will solve monitoring challenges.’
The latest advancements are ideal for difficult lighting environments and provide exceptional reliability in mission critical situations. Advancements include:
• Integrated analytics suite: Pelco’s built-in analytics suite uses intelligent algorithms to monitor scenes continuously, and without the risk associated with human error. Every Sarix Enhanced Range camera with firmware version 2.1 or later comes standard with eight intelligent video analytics. These analytic tools detect any potential threats caught on camera, and send an alarm to notify system operators of abnormal activity, enabling a timely and educated incident response.
• Edge Storage: The Sarix Enhanced Range now leverages edge storage to store video, audio, and metadata to an SD card directly in the camera for uninterrupted monitoring if the connection to the VMS is lost. This enhanced functionality enables any ONVIF G compliant VMS to retrieve missing video when network connection is restored for reliable security supervision. Any ONVIF G compliant VMS now has standardised access to storage in the camera to complement head end storage. This capability is advantageous for mission-critical installations, such as at an airport, where edge storage in cameras could be a critical part of the strategic backup plan.
In addition to the latest system enhancements, Pelco customers can continue to expect the image quality and reliability available in the wide range of Sarix Enhanced indoor, environmental and vandal options, including box cameras and domes. Key benefits include:
• Performance IQ: SureVision 2.0 technology delivers advanced low-light capability, true wide dynamic range (WDR), and anti-bloom technology for industry-leading image quality. Even in difficult light situations, SureVision 2.0 technology delivers the best possible image through 3D noise filtering, smooth response to illumination changes, and improved tone mapping to retain colour accuracy and overall image contrast.
• Robust processing speed: Sarix Enhanced cameras offer up to two full HD full frame rate video (up to 1080p 30 ips) using H.264 compression for optimised bandwidth and storage efficiency and two simultaneous, independently configurable video streams for the most demanding applications, like casinos and city surveillance.
• Mission critical applications: These rugged fixed IP cameras were designed with superior reliability and fault tolerance for mission-critical applications to ensure users always get the video needed. Operating temperatures for environmental models can range from up to -40⁰ to +50⁰C (-40⁰ to 122⁰F) for environments covering Arctic to desert environments. Dome models include options that are IP66 rated for dust and water protection, plenum rated for in-ceiling applications, and impact rated for up to 50J for vandal protection.
All new Sarix cameras integrate with major third-party video management systems through the Pelco API, and other third-party software systems through the open ONVIF profile S and G protocols, to work seamlessly with Pelco video management systems.
For more information about Sarix Professional Range and Enhanced Range with SureVision 2.0 IP camera systems please visit: www.pelco.com/sarix
Show Comments (0)